Every patient with severe pain deserves a comprehensive evaluation to settle on their top choice to take care of health. In case if interventional Spine, Epidural injection is advised as it provides diagnostic information to give relief to pain by delivering local anesthetics and corticosteroids into the spinal cord. Well, these injections are ordered by the provider as a method to confirm certain diagnosis or decrease in inflammation and pain. Those who have been treated with these non surgical options in general conditions like lumbar disc herniations, degenerative disc disease and lumbar spinal stenosis.
Different types of Epidural Steroid Injections
As the procedure is commonly safe without any complications in the form of infection and reactions or any serious complications, different types of steroid injections are followed depending upon the purpose and diagnostic test. The types are:
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injection
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injection
- Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injection
- Selective Nerve Root Block
Interventional Spine for Nerve Blocks
A nerve block is an anti inflammatory or an anesthetic injection targeted towards a particular nerve or a group of nerves to treat severe pain. The main reason to use injection is to stop the signals of pain coming from a certain area of the body or to reduce inflammation in that particular area. The main benefits of steroid injections for nerve block are:
- Relief from pain temporarily.
- Reduction of inflammation temporarily in the area of the spine causing twinge.
- Helps the doctor to identify more specific causes of pain.
- Present better ability to function in daily life without the restrictions previously caused by pain.
For better health and relief from pain through the non surgical process Spinal Cord Stimulation method is applied to treat the pain and in some cases Trigger point Injections are advised to treat particular area which pains a lot and restricts to get back to the normal lifestyle.