Athletes and other energetic people who endure constant pain from injuries or osteoarthritis get relief from non surgical procedure which is referred as Platelet Rich Plasma therapy. It is the therapy which uses the blood platelets from the own blood of the sports person to rebuild a cartilage or damaged tendon. It not only relieves the pain successfully but also heals the pain completely. The therapy is performed in a test room during which the patients blood is removed and positioned in a centrifuge, nearly for 10-15 minutes in order to split the platelets. Then the PRP is infused into the injured part of the tendon with the help of an ultrasound machine.
During the process, patients are placed on certain program of rest tracked by physical therapy for about 6 weeks. Later, patients are re-assessed for development where some patients with more difficulty require more than one injection to achieve better results.
How does PRP help heal the patients body?
- The initial response in the patients body is to send platelet cells to the soft tissue injury.
- Being packed with healing and growing factors, platelets begin to repair and attract the complex support of the stem cells.
- Then the platelet Rich Plasmas natural healing method strengthens the efforts of the body in order to deliver a high application of platelets unswervingly in the area required.
- In order to create Platelet Rich Plasma, a small trial of your blood is taken and placed in a centrifuge which spins the blood at top speed, splitting the platelets from the other elements.
- Well, this process is handled by a lab technician producing top focus of platelets and much more attentiveness of the supportive blood components.
- Later the PRP is then injected into and around the point of injury to strengthen the healing process. As the blood is used for the body itself, there are no chances of risk of infections and allergic reaction.