Plantar fasciitis is nothing but the main cause of the heel pain and usually is the flat band of ligament which connects the heel bone to the toes. It sustains the bend of your foot and if you strain your plantar fascia, for sure it may get swollen, weak or give an inflammation feel and your heel or the bottom of the foot gets hurt while you perform any activity, stand or during a usual walk. Besides this, plantar fasciitis is a common condition in most of the middle aged population and occurs in the young people who walk a lot like soldiers and athletes. It is common to happen either in one foot or in both feet.
What are the symptoms of plantar fasciitis?
Plantar fasciitis is mainly caused due to the strain on the tissue which supports the curve and any repeated strain may cause small tears in them which lead to swelling and pain. The symptoms felt are:
- You feel your feet as rolled inward when you walk excessively.
- You feel flat feet or high arches.
- You feel over weight.
- Feel more pain when you wear small size shoed or the shoes that are worn out. You feel to have calf muscles or Achilles tendons.
- Feels more pain while walking up stairs
How to diagnose the condition of plantar fasciitis?
Your physician will perform a check on your feet and observe your standing position and test your simple walk. Later you are interrogated about your past health like:
- Your illness or any injuries had earlier.
- Symptoms like pain in the foot, time of the day it happens which hurts more.
- Your activeness and the type of physical activities performed.
After questioning all the above, your physician may advise for an x-ray to inspect the problem in the foot, the bones or any evidence of stress fracture as well.
How to treat it?
The cure for plantar fasciitis is:
- To give rest to your feet by stopping everyday activities which cause severe pain and avoid running on concrete.
- Need to try non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like Naproxen or ibuprofen.
- Performing simple exercises like toe stretches, calf stretches and even towel stretches many times in the morning as it helps your foot tissue become elastic and strengthen the muscles which support your bone curve.